Transition strips install in doorways to transition between two types of flooring, or between two rooms that share a wide opening in order to cover an expansion joint. Pergo laminate flooring provides laminate strips that match their flooring colors and designs to transition Pergo to tile, Pergo to carpet, Pergo to vinyl and between two rooms installed with Pergo flooring. The transitions come in 6-foot strips that require cutting to fit your space.
Measure the length of the space between the two rooms where you intend to install the Pergo flooring transition.
Mark the measurement on the back side of the Pergo transition. Check the measurement once again before you make your cut.
Follow the mark you made on the back of the Pergo transition strip to cut the transition to your specified length using a rotary tool equipped with a carbide cutting wheel.
Tips & Warnings
- Use a multipurporse tool equipped with a hardwood/sheet metal (carbide) accessory for intricate cuts in hardwood and laminate materials.
- Always wear safety glasses during power tool operation.
- Double check your measurements. Measure twice, cut once.
Things You'll Need:
- Tape measure
- Handheld cutting tool
- Multipurpose carbide wheel accessory
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images